Wow! I just spent the past three days engulfed in this book. At times debating whether I could read a couple more pages before my eyes would rebel reading any further. This book grabs you and has you falling for all the characters, just like the audience in questionable fashion in the Capital.
While I was reading the last few pages, I became torn between the "love" triangle that has emerged (if you can really call it a love triangle). Katniss is now complicatedly in the thick of feelings for Gale and Peeta. I have to confess, when I was watching the Hunger Games I thought Katniss was saying "Peter" it a funny accent.
Suzanne Collins did a great job having you hate and at the same time love some of the minor characters. I cried when Rue died peacefully as Katniss sang to her. At first, I didn't know whether to like or not like the girl nicknamed Foxface. Thresh, I wanted to destroy Cato (these are names make you question the parents' sanity who chose them).
The book is by far better than the movie, there were some things in the book that made me wonder why the director and screenwriters didn't see them as necessary. Either that or I need to go back and watch it again. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment