Today was a snow day and instead of staying inside the entire day, which I was about to do cause I was on the verge of a Daniel Day Lewis marathon, I hung out with my friend and we went on an adventure.
Here are some of the pictures to prove our excursion...
The accessories on the snowman we provided, since the snowman looked a little plain and sad with only having one arm.
Regarding the 50/50 challenge, it's still pressing on. For movies this past week, I've seen:
#7: Much Ado About Nothing - Definitely recommend, and it proves again how bad of an actor Keanu Reeves is, however, do not let this deter you for there are plenty of great actors and actresses in this film.
#8 The Secret World of Arriety - it's the anime version of the borrowers. It's a children's movie, just to warn you.
#9: The Mighty Macs - It's about a college women's basketball team who wasn't even consider an opponent. If you like basketball, you should watch it. If you're obsessed with David Boreanaz, you shouldn't because he's barely in it.
#10: The Last of the Mohicans - After my teacher showed us a little bit of this film, I was hooked! It does have a love story in it, but the history is very rich in it. This takes places in the mid 1700's, during the French & Indian War between the English and the French. This was the only war that started in North America and "spilled over" into Europe.
#11: In the Name of the Father - Not only is Daniel Day Lewis in this, but Emma Thompson and Pete Postlethwaite (if you grew up in the 90's, he starred and narrated James & the Giant Peach)
After watching these movies, I can now say that I have less of a tendency to fear Lewis. After watching him in movies like Gangs of New York, his character portrayal was really good. Like scary good.
As for books, I'm currently reading (#8) Passion & Purity by Elisabeth Elliot. I've so far only read the first chapter and already am hooked! If you ever want to understand how to maintain a healthy balance of friendship with the opposite sex, ladies (and guys too!) should definitely read this book. I'm also excited to read this book because I'm leading a study on it, so I better know my way inside and out of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment