Have you ever read something but didn't "take in" the words? Your eyes moved across the page, but you didn't understand the sentence because you were concentrated elsewhere? Well that's how I've been with God the past year. He's been in my life, I have no doubt. However, I haven't been listening to him. I didn't seek Him out but instead would go about my business, what needed to get done on my list. See, there's a lot about myself and not much about Him even in my writing.
Today was a breath of fresh air. Reading Genesis, about Noah and the flood. In MacArthur's study bible, it's great to read and better understand what God is trying to say.
Stephen spoke yesterday about Psalm 19, about the wise being made simple and the simple God would grant understanding of His word.
I understood His word differently, it was like I was listening to Him talk for the first time in a while; like when you suddenly notice someone and become intrigued by what s/he is saying. It's sad how often we forget God's voice, tune him out at times because there's other things that need to be dealt with first.
One of my resolutions this year is to read the entire Bible. 365 days of truly dwelling in God's Word. I may not understand all of it, but God will give me a portion each day to take and perhaps share with someone else.
Today I found out that one of the women I work with, on Saturday her mother lost her home in a fire. Every earthly possession gone, in an instant. Lord, what would you want me to say to her? Please help me show her You, in some small gesture or phrase. I'm listening. My ears are waiting for your reply.
No comments:
Post a Comment